photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Do The Funky Chicken

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Do The Funky Chicken

Pasta has always been one of my favorite things to eat.   When I say pasta, I do mean any kind of pasta and every kind of pasta.   I like marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, vodka cream sauce, sage cream brown butter sauce, pesto.   You name the sauce, the chances are, I've tried it and I've liked it.  As for the different types of pasta, I like them all too, whether it is spaghetti, fettuccine, lasagna, manicotti, penne, farfalle, or ziti.

Fortunately, I passed on the love of pasta to my children.   Now that they are adults and only home for a meal or two, it is still not unusual for me to make some type of pasta for them when I can.   Instead of making a turkey or ham for Christmas dinner, I now make homemade lasagna.

When it comes time to plan meals at my house, I will include at least one pasta dish every week.   I definitely include our favorite regular dishes in these plans, but I also like to try new recipes and occasionally these become our new favorites.   This is what happened with the recipe I'm including here.


Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts

salt and pepper

1 box of Farfalle pasta

2 Tablespoons butter

2 Tablespoons flour

1 envelope ranch dressing mix

2 cups milk

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 package bacon bits



This can be made in one pot from start to finish.  First, boil the chicken breasts in large pot of water with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper.  Drain the cooked chicken, chop and set aside.

Using the same pan, bring salted water to boil and add farfalle.  Return to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain and set aside while assembling sauce.

Take the same pan, add 2 TB of butter, melt over low heat and stir in 2 TB flour.  When mixed together, add 2 cups of milk and one package of ranch dressing and stir until dissolved.  Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese (I like the Velvetta shredded because it melts very quickly).  Once the cheese is melted, add the cooked chicken and bacon bits.  After mixing well, stir in the cooked pasta.  Serve from the same pot.

Serves 4.





No comments:

Post a Comment